Ouros Jewels Care & Cleaning Tips
After you have found a piece of jewelry that you love, you need to know how to care for your treasure. Even the best made, highest quality jewelry is delicate and if not handled properly will suffer breakage and damage. Each of your jewelry pieces should be handled with love and care and they will last you a lifetime.
Sterling silver and Gold Filled will tarnish overtime especially delicate chain necklaces. Salt, acid from your skin and oxygen in air are the two biggest causes of tarnished silver and gold. To avoid this, clean your jewelry frequently.
Any delicate sterling silver or gold filled jewelry would tarnish especially during hot and humid weather.
This is an excellent method of cleaning gold jewelry you would need:
- small glass bowl
- piece of aluminum foil
- tbsp. of baking soda
- few drops of dish soap
- boiling water
- wooden spoon or wooden skewer
- place aluminum foil in the bowl
- add baking soda and dish soap
- put your jewelry inside the bowl (you can put as many pieces as you want, please note do not use this method for any jewelry with stones or pearls)
- poor boiling water over it
- stir all together gently with wooden spoon or skewer
- after a minute or so you should see the jewelry clean
- take it out and rinse it with water
- You can clean the jewelry as often as needed.